On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 10:58:33AM -0400, Leo Sell wrote:

> On 5/14/12 10:47 AM, Jerry McAllister wrote:
> >My suspicion is that the person's who cannot receive the messages are
> >over their disk quota. It is possible to have over quota conditions
> >without getting a specific over quota bounce message. I have seen
> >several of these lately. They can check their MSU AFS quota with an
> >'fs listquota' command or call the help desk for help with quotas. Of
> >course, some other problem might be happening. But, as I say, I have
> >see several of these over quota situations lately. If they are over
> >quota, they may have to contact the help desk to get enough files
> >removed so they can actually get on to clean up their files
> >(messages/folders, etc). ////jerry
>
> Before this goes any further..... From our understanding, mail space and
> AFS space are completely separate issues these days and have been for
> quite a while.

You are right.  I misspoke on that part.  That is for AFS, not Email.

But, I have seen a number of people running out of mail quota and it can
result in the problem that was asked about.

You can check your MSU Email quota usage by going to mail.msu.edu, logging
in with your msunet id and on the Email page, just below the pull-down
buttons, it tells you your Email quota status.

But, if you are completely full, you might need helpdesk help to get
it cleared out because it requires some disk space to delete a message.
They might need to help you get enough space cleared out to continue
on cleaning up the rest of your Email space.

////jerry