Call for Papers-Annual Conference
The EuroMed Academy of Business announces the 5th Annual Conference
Conference Dates: October 4th-5th, 2012
The EuroMed Research Business Institute invites you to submit papers or abstracts to the 5th Annual Conference of the EuroMed Academy of Business “Building New Business Models for Success through Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Competitiveness and Responsibility” that will be held in Glion-Montreux, Switzerland, 4th - 5th October 2012.
Hosted by: Les Roches-Gruyère, University of Applied Sciences
Venue: Glion Institute of Higher Education, Glion-Montreux, Switzerland
Prof. Demetris Vrontis, Dean
Prof. Yaakov Weber, Chair
School of Business,
Dept. of Strategy and Entrepreneurship
University of Nicosia,
School of Business
College of Management, Israel
Dr. Ruth Rios-Morales and Dr Ian Jenkings
Research Centre, Les Roches-Gruyère, University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland
The conference is under the auspices of Les Roches-Gruyère University of Applied Sciences & Glion Institute of Higher Education
All accepted papers and abstracts will be published in the Book of Proceedings (with an ISBN number) which is approved for inclusion in the Conference Proceedings Citation Index — an integrated index within Web of Science. This distinction is given only to the most significant papers, in terms of academic excellence, conferences-conventions worldwide.
A selection of the best conference papers will also be considered for publication in the following journals, most of which are internationally ranked or/and ISI approved:
1. EuroMed Journal of Business - EMRBI’s official Journal
2. International Journal of Organizational Analysis
3. International Studies of Management and Organization
4. Global Business and Economics Review
5. World Review of Entrepreneurship, Management & Sustainable Development
6. Economic Research
7. Journal of Transnational Management
8. Journal of Promotion Management
9. International Journal of Technology Marketing
10. Journal for Global Business Advancement
11. Journal for International Business and Entrepreneurship Development
12. International Journal of Online Marketing
Les Roches-Gruyère, University of Applied Sciences is pleased to organize the 5th EuroMed Academy of Business Conference to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of its sister school Glion Institute of Higher Education.
The EuroMed conference has established itself as one of the major Business Management conferences of its kind in the EuroMed region (European and Mediterranean), in terms of size, quality of content, and standing reputation of attendees. Many of the papers presented contribute significantly to the business knowledge base. Its Book of Proceedings is highly recognized and accepted to be under citation. Many papers were published in Special Issues in leading journals, and were driving international research and teaching programs.
The conference attracts hundreds of leading scholars from leading universities and principal executives and politicians from all over the world with the participation or intervention of Presidents, Prime Ministers, Ministers, Company CEOs, Presidents of Chambers, and other leading figures.
Submission Deadline: MAY 14, 2012
All manuscripts (including abstracts) will be double blind reviewed. Please indicate, on the first page of the manuscript, the track (only one) for submission. All conference tracks are included at the end of this call.
The maximum number of papers accepted per author (either single or co-author) is three.
Notification to authors: June 4th, 2012
Early-bird registration: Till August 08th, 2012
Deadline for inclusion in Book of Proceedings* September 7th
Late registration: After August 08th, 2012
*Only papers or abstracts of participants registered until September 7th, 2012 will be included in the Book of Proceedings that will be distributed at the conference. Papers and/or abstracts of participants who will register after the above date will be included in the final book of proceedings that will be distributed after the Conference.
EMAB-EMJB Best and Highly Commended Paper Awards
Sponsored by the EuroMed Journal of Business, published by Emerald. A “Best Paper” and three “Highly Commended Paper” awards will be presented at the conference and be accepted for publication in the EuroMed Journal of Business.Only full paper submissions will be considered for the awards.
LRG-UAS Best Student’s Paper Award
Les Roches- Gruyère, University of Applied Sciences (LRG-UAS) is pleased to offer an annual prize of 1,000 Swiss Francs (or currency equivalent) for the Best Conference Paper by Doctoral Students presented at the 5th Annual Conference of the EuroMed Academy of Business. LRG-UAS is pleased to work in partnership with the EuroMed Research Business Institute (EMRBI) encouraging and supporting young researchers. This paper will also be considered for publication in the EuroMed Journal of Business.
EMAB Best Reviewer Awards
As part of the implementation of EMRBI goals and dedication to high quality reviews process, Best Reviewer Awards will be presented to 5-10 Reviewers whose reviews will be of high quality and clear contribution and will provide positive recommendations for paper and research improvement to authors. The evaluation criteria for this award will be published in the conference website.
Research Fellowship Award
Participation in various activities of the conference and other EMRBI activities are taken in consideration for awarding Research Fellowship Awards. For details, please refer to http://www.emrbi.com/photos/uploads/research%20fellowship.pdf
The Conference will include activities aiming to develop an Academic Business Consulting Nexus as suggested by EMRBI members and accepted by the Executive Board of EMRBI. Examples of such activities include:
1. Symposium and Professional Development Workshops (SPDW)
The EuroMed Symposiums and Professional Development Workshops (SPDW) (e.g. professional to scholars) is a platform for colleagues to share knowledge and expertise and foster the professional development of participants. The platform provides opportunities for developing innovative and creative symposiums with the view of enriching participants through high standard scholarly gatherings. Our goal is to have sessions encouraging new thoughts and innovative research directions.
2. Executive Workshop on M&A
The EuroMed 2011 Executive Workshop on Mergers & Acquisitions provides an overview of state-of-the-art knowledge on success and failure factors in domestic and international mergers and acquisitions from the buyer and seller points of view (including managerial practical guide for planning mergers and acquisitions, synergy analysis, evaluation and pricing, negotiation, implementing post-merger integration process, dealing with cultural differences, human resource challenges, and capturing synergy potential). For more details, please visit EMRBI website or email Prof. Yaakov Weber [log in to unmask] or Dr. Shlomo Tarba [log in to unmask]
3. Suggestions for more activities
Ideas and suggestions for more activities are invited. Please send 1-3 pages descriptions of such proposed activities to Dr. Shlomo Tarba [log in to unmask]
The EuroMed Academy of Business announces the EuroMed 2012 Annual Conference Doctoral Seminar on M & A that will be held October 2nd and 3rd, 2012 (the two days immediately preceding the conference) in Glion-Montreux, Switzerland.
Doctoral students, representing all areas of business, will explore their research interests in a unique interdisciplinary and interactive workshop with a panel of distinguished research faculty. Abstracts will be published in the conference proceedings.
The seminar will provide a unique opportunity for doctoral students to further develop their research ideas, learn about the challenges of conducting M&A research and building a successful academic career in this field, and broaden their professional networks. The format of the Seminar will facilitate a constructive and supportive discussion among doctoral students and participating faculty on topics of broad interest such as new trends in conducting high-impact M&A research, managing the dissertation stage and the job search process, and successful entry into the academic career. In addition, students will receive concrete feedback on their individual current research projects as well as ideas and guidance for their future research agenda.
All participants in the Doctoral seminar are eligible for the EMAB Award for the Best Doctoral Dissertation Proposal and will be exempted from the conference registration fees. The institute offers a limited number of scholarships up to 600 Euro each. For more details, please visit EMRBI website www.emrbi.com and/or email to Prof. Yaakov Weber [log in to unmask] or Dr. Shlomo Tarba [log in to unmask]
The Glion campus has a breathtaking panoramic view of the Swiss Riviera and the French and Swiss Alps, overlooking the Lake Geneva region above Montreux.
Gala Dinner at the Casino (Montreux)
Complimentary bus transfer (10 minutes distance) to the conference venue and back for all conference participants (meeting point - Eden Palace).
The conference organizers have negotiated reduced prices for all conference participants and accompanied people. These will be announced shortly at the conference website.
The hotel will offer to all conference participants the following benefits:
· Free Wi-Fi (hotel public places) and cable access (from the room) to internet
· Free welcoming drink
· Free access to the Gym and special prices for the SPA
· All guest will receive the ‘Carte Riviera’ for free public transportation
· 10% discount to the hotel restaurants
Visit the Château de Chillon
An excursion will be organized on Saturday 6th of October to visit the Château de Chillon (Chillon Castle). The Chillon Castle is Switzerland’s most visited historic monument, located on the shore of Lake Geneva in the commune of Veytaux at the eastern end of the lake, 3 km from Montreux. The oldest parts of the castle have not been dated, but the first written record of the castle is done in 1160. From the mid 12th century, the castle was home to the Counts of Savoy, and it was greatly expanded in the 13th century by Pietro II. The Castle was never taken in a siege, but did change hands through treaties. It was also visited by Lord Byron and Shelley (English Poets) which inspired Bryon to write the famous poem ‘the prisoner of Chillon’. For more information visit: http://www.chillon.ch/en/
This excursion (transportation and entrance fee) will be offered complimentary to all conference participants.
A day excursion will be organized to some of the main attractions of the area. This excursion is optional and individual delegates will have to do their arrangements with the travel company. More information will be provided shortly on the conference website.
Programme Tracks and Track Chairs:
9. Digital marketing: Interactive media and multichannel marketing, on-line consumer behaviour, using social media and networks for marketing in B2C and B2B. Manoj K. Jha, Sinhgad Institute of Business Management, Mumbai, India, [log in to unmask]
Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management:
15. The Global Financial Crisis and labour mobility: Changing Patterns of Working, Learning and Career Development. Dr. Niki Kyriakidou, Leeds Business School. [log in to unmask]
Culture and Cross-Culture:
Diversity and Gender:
Finance and Accounting:
Agriculture and Management
36. Entrepreneurial and small business marketing: Theory, Concepts, Techniques and Definitions. Rosalind Jones, Bangor University, [log in to unmask] and Zubin Sethna, University of Westminster, [log in to unmask]
38. Corporate entrepreneurship/ intrapreneurship, minority groups, indigenous entrepreneurs, and developing countries. Leo Dana, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, [log in to unmask] and Vanessa Ratten, Deakin University, Australia, [log in to unmask]
Innovation, Technology and Online Business
51. Strategic alliances: Product vs. service alliances, network, portfolios, knowledge sharing and creation through alliances. Ian Kwan, [log in to unmask]
52. M&A management: post-merger integration, knowledge transfer, global expansion. Ahammad Faisal Mohammad, Nottingham University, UK, [log in to unmask] and Athina Vasilaki, IESEG, [log in to unmask]
Ethics and Social Responsibility
64. Entrepreneurship and tourism, behaviour and culture in tourism destinations, tourism planning and development models and experiences. Vitor Ambrósio, Portugal, [log in to unmask]
65. Heritage of European river and sea coasts tourism: An asset for tourism diversification. Gabriela Cecilia Stanciulescu, The Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies, Romania, [log in to unmask]
66. World heritage sites as cultural tourism destinations. Laurentina Vareiro, Polytechnic Institute of Cávado and Ave, Barcelos, Portugal, [log in to unmask] and Paula Remoaldo, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal, [log in to unmask]
General and Theories:
On behalf of the organizing committee
Professor D Vrontis and Professor Y Weber
EMRBI - Presidents
Prof. Yaakov Weber
1. Chair, Department of Strategy and Entrepreneurship
School of Business Administration
College of Management
Rabin Blvd. 7
Rishon Lezion, Israel.
2. President, EMRBI
EuroMed Research Business Institute