All:

This is an opportunity for scientists to interact with journalists reporting about the environment. The deadline for the workshops has been extended, and the organizers are actively seeking scientists to participate:

MSU's Knight Center for Environmental Journalism has a workshop for scientists and for journalists on communicating climate change to the public on June 9 in Cleveland. And yes, they'll be in the same room. It's called,
Translating Science/Telling Stories: “What We Talk About When We Talk About Climate Change”

Details: http://www.sej.org/initiatives/sej-regional-conferences/translating-science-telling-stories

The workshop helps journalists identify Great Lakes regional climate change stories, helps scientists better communicate with journalists and the public regarding climate change and fosters understanding of the journalist and science cultures and the barriers that hinder communication between the two.

For more details, contact:
David Poulson
Associate Director
Knight Center for Environmental Journalism
Michigan State University
517 432 5417
Twitter: DPoulson
Editor: GreatLakesEcho.org