Our website is now open to submit your proposal to the Higher Education Teaching and Learning Association International Conference, which will be held here in Orlando next January in cooperation with the Karen L. Smith Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning at the University of Central Florida.  The theme of this interdisciplinary conference, Exploring Spaces for Learning, will accommodate a wide range of faculty development concerns, including engagement with students in informal learning sites, virtual learning spaces, global classrooms, and sites for experiential learning. A proceedings of book abstracts will be produced. The best papers will be published in the HETL Review online journal.

The conference will feature three content tracks:

Track 1: Engaging and retaining students using cutting-edge technologies;

Track 2: Engaging and retaining students using innovative pedagogies;

Track 3: Engaging and retaining students using international collaborations.

Proposals are due before May 18.  Please go to this URL to find more info about the event and to submit a proposal:  http://www.fctl.ucf.edu/hetl2013/ .  We hope to see you in Orlando. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Please forward this announcement to your colleagues.

Best regards,

Charles Wankel, St. John's University, New York, Program Co-Chair

Melody Bowdon, University of Central Florida, Program Co-Chair

Patrick Blessinger, HETL, Chair of the Cutting-Edge Technologies Track

Olga Kovbasyuk, Far East Russia Global Learning Center, Chair, Innovative Pedagogies Track

Agata Stachowicz-Stanusch, Silesian U. of Technology, Chair, International Collaborations Track