MOR Paper Development Workshop
June 24, 2012
We invite paper submissions to the Management and Organizational Review (MOR) Paper Development Workshop to be held in the coming 2012 IACMR Conference in Hong Kong, China. This workshop is aimed at supporting the participants in their efforts to finalize their papers for submission to leading international management journals like MOR. The workshop accepts English language papers that are fairly mature and almost ready for submission. The faculty mentors will play the role of critical reviewers to provide suggestions on polishing the paper and improve its chance for success in the review process.
The deadline for submission of a paper is April 30, 2012. It is possible that not all submissions will be accepted for this workshop. We encourage you to make your paper as good as possible before submission. The applicant commits to participating in the workshop if the application is accepted and must be a paid IACMR conference participant. The applicants will be notified on whether or not the paper has been accepted for inclusion in the workshop on May 15 or earlier. Once an applicant has been accepted, the paper will be sent to one or two mentors who will prepare comments on how to further develop the paper. The paper authors will meet these faculty mentors for further feedback during the workshop. The mentors will consist of a team of scholars who have successfully published in leading international journals. Many of them are MOR editors or reviewers.
Submission Requirements for Papers
All papers must include a cover sheet with the following information:
- Contact person's full name, affiliation, address, phone number, fax number, and email address
- Title of the paper
- Content Area: Use five words (maximum) to identify the content area
- For all Authors: full name, affiliation, address, phone number, fax number, and email address
- The first page should be the cover sheet described above. The second page should contain the paper title and a 75 to 100 word abstract.
- The next page should begin the body of the paper. The total paper excluding cover page and abstract should no more than 40 double-spaced, 12-pitch font size, and one inch margins.
- Papers must be written in English and follow the current style, including reference format, of the Management and Organization Review. Please go to www.iacmr.org for the MOR style guide in preparing the paper.
How to submit
Submit the paper by an e-mail to [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask] with "Submission to the MOR Paper Development Workshop" as the subject of the e-mail and the paper (including the cover page) attached. Please send the paper in WORD, not PDF.
List of Faculty Mentors
Paul Hempel, City University of Hong Kong, Co-organizer
Daphne Yiu, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Co-organizer
Blake Ashforth, Arizona State University
Chi-Nien Chung, National University of Singapore
Barry Gerhart, University of Wisconsin
Chun Hui, University of Hong Kong
Kwok Leung, City University of Hong Kong
Haiyang Li, Rice University
Chris Marquis, Harvard University
Eric W. K. Tsang, University of Texas at Dallas
Dean Xu, CEIBS
Michael Young, Hong Kong Baptist University