Keeping ourselves current and informed in our discipline and its infrastructure is an ethical obligation for academics.

Iā€™m still getting critiques from reviewers, who are apparently AIB members, of the kind:  ā€œavoid third person writing style; use impersonal styleā€, especially from reviewers for the annual conference.  It may be extremely rare, but I can foresee reviewers counting what they consider to be errors in making an accept-reject decision, which can be problematic if what they consider to be errors in the manuscript are errors on the part of the reviewer.

The Journal of International Business Studies (JIBS) is the official publication of the Academy of International Business, in the guidelines for authors for JIBS, under READABILITY we find the instruction: Put sentences in the active voice ("I did") instead of the passive voice ("It was done") to make it easy for readers to see who did what. Use the first person ("I" or "we") to describe what you did.

Apparently some of us are using 100 year old conventions when reviewing manuscripts for which authors are instructed to follow JIBS formatting guidelines.

Romie Frederick Littrell, BA, MBA, PhD, FIAIR
Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
IV. 1st stanza, War is Kind and Other Lines, Stephen Crane, 1899
A little ink more or less!
It surely can't matter?
Even the sky and the opulent sea,
The plains and the hills, aloof,
Hear the uproar of all these books.
But it is only a little ink more or less.