Keeping ourselves current and informed in our discipline and
its infrastructure is an ethical obligation for academics.

I’m still getting critiques from reviewers, who are apparently
AIB members, of the kind:  “avoid
third person writing style; use impersonal style”, especially from
reviewers for the annual conference.  It
may be extremely rare, but I can foresee reviewers counting what they consider
to be errors in making an accept-reject decision, which can be problematic if
what they consider to be errors in the manuscript are errors on the part of the
reviewer.

The Journal of International Business Studies (JIBS) is
the official publication of the Academy of International Business, in the
guidelines for authors for JIBS, under READABILITY we find the instruction: Put
sentences in the active voice ("I did") instead of the passive voice
("It was done") to make it easy for readers to see who did what. Use
the first person ("I" or "we") to describe what you did.

Apparently some of us are using 100 year old conventions
when reviewing manuscripts for which authors are instructed to follow JIBS
formatting guidelines.

Romie Frederick Littrell, BA, MBA, PhD, FIAIR

Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand

IV. 1st stanza, War is Kind and Other Lines, Stephen Crane, 1899

A little ink more or less!

It surely can't matter?

Even the sky and the opulent sea,

The plains and the hills, aloof,

Hear the uproar of all these books.

But it is only a little ink more or less.

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.