Good afternoon all…  I'm using this as an example… because… I'll be damned if I can find a list of what current issues with EBS are… is there somewhere we can, as administrators, find a list of those, as well as if there is a temporary work around until the issue is resolved?

Before I go any further, I called the help desk.  They couldn't find any record of this issue at all, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they're not aware of it.

I searched the NAG archives for the word "zoom" and it only came up with 20 hits… and, ironically, about 80% of those didn't even contain the word "zoom".  Hrm…  But… here's the issue…

I have users who are hard of…. Seeing?  They're VERY visually impaired.  So they REQUIRE the zoom function in IE to see web pages correctly and work efficiently.  However…

The second you change the zoom level in IE to anything other than 100%… Over half of EBS breaks.  Any HR form and some financial forms that require uploads don't work.  You click the upload button and… well… you could click it till your finger goes numb, and nothing happens.  Most HR forms that require approval and display a PDF will freeze and not display the PDF and again… you could click the Approve button forever to no avail.

However, the instant you change the zoom level back to 100%, everything works as expected.  I have reproduced this at least 2 dozen times.  It is absolutely an issue with the zoom level of the browser.

Is this a known issue, does anyone know?  Does anyone know if they're working on this or if there is an official response to it?

If not… there should be one in the future.  If they weren't aware of it before, they are now.

PS.  Thanks to Jon Galbreath, who was the one who actually solved this mystery for me!

-dak

This message is only for the intended recipient(s).  If you are not the named recipient you should not read, distribute or copy this email.  Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and do not represent those of Michigan State University or the College of Music.  Any information obtained from or contained in these emails is confidential.  No information will be shared or given to any persons outside of the appropriate department(s).