Colleagues:

I am happy to announce the release of the 2nd edition of Applied International Trade, authored by myself, Abraham Hollander (University of Montreal) and Jean-Marie Viaene (Erasmus University Rotterdam).  The text is an advanced undergraduate/graduate text covering modern international trade theory.   The text is an excellent reference on the foundations of international economics and more importantly offers up to date coverage of what those pesky trade theorist are working on these days, much of which concerns the role of firms in international exchange – the traditional focus of IB scholars.   The trade theorists have developed a number of foundational insights that can serve to inform many of our IB models and theoretical frameworks, particularly on questions regarding outsourcing, “multinationality” , global supply chains and hence the growing intra-firm trade in intermediate goods.

For further information please visit http://www.palgrave.com/economics/ait2/

Thanks.

Harry P. Bowen, Ph.D.

Professor of Economics and International Business

W.R. Holland Chair of International Business and Finance

McColl School of Business

Queens University of Charlotte

1900 Selwyn Avenue

Charlotte, NC 28274