From: International Trade Journal
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2012 9:51 AM
To: Sagafi-nejad, Tagi
Subject: The International Trade Journal - Vol. 26, No.1

The International Trade Journal

Texas A&M International University

Volume 26, Number 1

January-March 2012

Tagi Sagafi-nejad, “From the Editor”

   1

Articles:

Sasatra Sudsawasd,
Tariff Liberalization and the Rise of Anti-dumping Use: Empirical Evidence from Across World Regions

4-18

Ryan Cardwell & Pascal L. Ghazalian,
The Effects of the TRIPS Agreement on International Protection of Intellectual Property Rights

19-36

Evelina Méngova,
The Impact of Legal Systems on Trade Flows in Western and Eastern Europe - An Empirical Evaluation

37-60

Peter C. Y. Chow & Dan Ciuriak,
The FTA Music Is Playing in Asia: After ECFA, Will Taiwan Join the Dance?

61-75

Book Review by Jim Woodley,
Global Outsourcing and Offshoring: An Integrated Approach to Theory and Corporate Strategy by Farok Contractor, Vikas Kumar, Sumit Kundu, and Torben Petersen (eds.)

76-78

[Taylor & Francis – The Routledge Group, publishers]

This issue can be electronically accessed at:
http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/uitj20/current

From the Editor:

Volume 26, Number 1
January-March 2012

This is the first issue of The International Trade Journal’s twenty-sixth year of publication. We are proud of this record of achievement. During this period, over 800 scholars have contributed more than 400 published articles. Selectivity has progressively increased, so much so that we now must turn away 94% of submissions. Many of these contain valuable information, but unfortunately, they cannot all be accommodated. We do our best to provide solid and detailed commentary to authors, even when we cannot publish the articles they submit.

In addition to increased selectivity, other steps taken toward improving the quality of the journal include: added emphasis on the policy dimension of trade and a broader and more inclusive definition of trade, incorporating such related fields as the international monetary and financial system, foreign direct investment, and development. In addition, our emphasis has always included relevance and timeliness.

Articles in this issue represent these qualities.

Continued…