Any thoughts about this?  Has anyone been through the "SANS Securing the
Human" course?

Laurence

-----Original Message-----
From: <The SANS Institute [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:26 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Discounted SANS Training for EDUCATION Organizations

Hello Laurence Bates,

We want to alert you to a special program that SANS and REN-ISAC are
running EXCLUSIVELY for Higher Education (.EDU) organizations.

We are making the SANS' security awareness computer-based training (CBT)
program (SANS Securing The Human) available to the .EDU community at
STEEPLY DISCOUNTED prices through March 31, 2012.

http://www.securingthehuman.org/programs/ren-isac

You must register at the above link to get the following benefits:

- Free user licenses to demo all our videos
- Free demo of SANS hosted LMS solution
- Eligibility to order at discounted pricing

The Aggregate Purchase Program pricing for Securing The Human (STH) is
based on the number of persons undergoing training:

 $1.50 per User per Year for a 1-Year license
 $1.25 per User per Year for a 2-Years license

There is a minimum order of $2,000 for 1-year licenses or $3,000 for
2-years.

For questions about this offer and help with your procurement process,
you can contact REN-ISAC at [log in to unmask] Or, simply reply to
this message with your level of interest or questions and we'll be happy
to respond.

Overview about SANS Securing The Human:

STH provides employee security awareness training that targets today's
weakest link in enterprise security - the human.  It goes beyond just
compliance and addresses the most common risks using a proven security
audit framework called the 20 Critical Security Controls.  The program
contains 21 security modules that are updated at least TWICE annually
to ensure that the latest threat vectors are addressed and your
organization always has the latest and most up-to-date training.  It is
complimented with 10 additional compliance modules that you can use.

The CBT training is delivered via SCORM-compliant video modules, which
can be accessed via the SANS Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) or
internally via your organization's own learning management system (LMS).
All STH training is Federal 508/ADA compliant and is branded with your
organization's own name and logo.  Each module includes a comprehension
assessment, and you have the ability to add your own custom content or
security policies to the training program when you choose the SANS VLE
option.

STH is appropriate for both small and large organizations.  If you have
any questions please e-mail [log in to unmask] or reply to this
e-mail, and we'll be happy to respond.

All the best,

John Fitzgerald, Director
SANS Institute
http://www.securingthehuman.org/programs/REN-ISAC

"We just purchased the SANS Securing the Human, which I think is the
best I have ever seen. In addition it's backed up by SANS extensive
experience and knowledge base in infosec." - Karen McDowell, Ph.D.,
Information Security Analyst, University of Virginia