Thanks Timo.

Output from the command:
     wmic /node:roya nicconfig where index=8 get DefaultIPGateway
gave the following output:
     DefaultIPGateway=

The Default Gateway was indeed blank.  I filled it in, and now the server can
retrieve updates and provide updates to clients as a Remote Administrator
Server.  It is not such an easy thing for me to find when I don't use the server
to access anything outside the local network.

Finally, I am ready to connect this server to a gigabit port on our main network
switch.

-Stefan