I have to admit, so far we've stayed with direct attached storage for our
setup, then backed up to a LTO-4 tape library (to be LTO-5 when we find the
time to swap in the equipment we have for that).  I've often wondered
whether we're really doing things the best way we could, but it's come down
to a) we don't necessarily know enough to go another direction, and b)
haven't had time to spend trying to investigate the alternatives.  I do
worry a little about at what point it becomes too large to continue with
DAS.  (We're up to about 17T I think for space available, thankfully we're
still well below that on the space used.)