Forwarded from organizers:

> The second of two NSF-funded interdisciplinary undergraduate STEM education research conferences will take place at the University of St. Thomas, in St. Paul, Minnesota, from June 3 - June 7, 2012.
>

> The/Transforming Research in Undergraduate STEM Education/ (TRUSE) conference will highlight advances in research in undergraduate science and mathematics education and seek to develop synergies between the disciplines.
>

> -Conference Themes-
>

> Theoretical foundations and methodologies: Conceptualizing work in research on undergraduate discipline-based STEM educationAssessment: How do we measure outcomes of interest and what is the nature of the claims we make?Transfer of knowledge and concepts within and across domainsNature of knowledge for teaching in the disciplineFirst year courses: How do we best support student success?
>

> The conference will bring together researchers in undergraduate science and mathematics education to transform and integrate research across disciplines. In addition to plenary sessions there will be poster sessions, targeted sessions to interact and plan with new colleagues, and interactive free time. This is your chance to be part of an emerging community of scholars collaborating across disciplinary lines!
>

> More information about the conference, including registration, can be found at http://www.chem.purdue.edu/Towns/TRUSE/
>

> There are a limited number of travel awards for graduate students and post-docs covering registration, housing and meals, and travel expenses.
>
> *Applications for travel awards are DUE April 13, 2012.*
>

> We hope that you will consider participating in what promises to be an exciting conference. If you have questions about the event feel free to
>
> contact one of the conference organizers (see website for contact information). Please feel free to share this information with interested
>
> colleagues.
>

> Regards,
>

> Warren Christensen
>
> Chris Rasmussen
>
> John Thompson
>
> Marcy Towns

Julie Libarkin
Associate Professor, Director - Geocognition Research Lab
Associate Director for Educational Research - Center for Integrative Studies in General Science
Michigan State University
206 Natural Science
East Lansing, MI 48824

Phone: 517-355-8369
https://www.msu.edu/~libarkin
Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Geoscience Education (through 2011)

Affiliations: Department of Geological Sciences, Cognitive Science Program, Environmental Science and Policy Program