From: Oscar Castaneda <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 11:17:18 -0500
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [MSUNAG] VMware

In an effort to simplify some complicated scenarios, we want to start to
use VMware.
It goes a little like a blind exercise because we have only some basic
understanding of how it works: we created a few virtual machines using
VM Player, and I had been reading all I can find about it.

I am considering now moving things one notch up. Since most of the
VMware products are still apparently high priced, I thought that I would
like to start using VMware Workstation to manage my few existent virtual
machines and see what I can do with it so perhaps down the road I can
sell the idea to my management.

Who has experience with VMware software? Does it make sense to get
Workstation and start using it? Did you buy the big software pieces? any
words of wise advise?

oscar

--
Oscar Castañeda
Global Observatory for Ecosystem Services