From: University Relations <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 17:13:13 -0500
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Athletics Email?

Tell me about it – we've finally got our users to be conscious of security and now it's about getting them to step back to "concerned" from the now-default setting of "outright paranoia."

We've actually been looking at attaching images instead of having them be external links, which does get around the issue of Outlook not displaying the graphics (usually – that depends on a finer-grained tuning of security but it's visible by default) but falls down rather badly on mobile clients, which don't download attachments by default to save bandwidth and store space. It's something of a no-win, especially as mobile devices (and also mobile-based tablets, like iPads and Android devices) increase their market penetration.
----
Jack Kramer
Manager of Information Technology
University Relations, Michigan State University
w: 517-884-1231 / c: 248-635-4955