From: Stuenkel, MaryBeth [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2012 12:18 PM
To: Windows at U-M
Cc: Gowan, Deborah; St Pierre, Daniel; Sweetman, David; Amerman, Tom; Shumaker, Carrie; Patrick Sheren ([log in to unmask]); Roger Archbold ([log in to unmask])
Subject: [win2000] Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Seminar

Date: Thursday, January 19, 2012

Time: 9:30 am to 4:30 pm

                Morning and afternoon sessions, come to one or both, lunch on your own

Location: Arbor Lakes Building, South Dome

                4251 Plymouth Rd

Presenter: Patrick LeBlanc, Author, Former SQL MVP, and Microsoft US Education SQL Server Expert

Come learn more about the next version of Microsoft SQL Server -  SQL Server 2012

Please join us for, one or both half day workshops, where we will take off the covers for the next release of SQL Server and Business Intelligence.  You will learn from the expert how to build and deploy impactful analytic and reporting solutions that are simple to use and consume to drive insight and understanding.

Morning Session -  SQL Server for the DBA (9:30 am to 12 noon)
Managing and Maintaining your SQL Server environment has been greatly simplified with the new versions on SQL Server (2008 R2 and 2012).  In this session we will discuss all the new manageability features in SQL Server.  In addition we will discuss the new High Availability, Disaster Recovery, T-SQL, SSIS  and many other features that are available in SQL Server for the DBA.

Afternoon Session -  BI Workshop (1:30 pm to 4:30 pm)
For CIO’s, IT Admins, IT professionals, DBA’s, and Developers.  We will take a look at the new key features of SQL Server ‘Denali’ for High Availability, Security and Compliance, Performance, and the new BI capabilities including “Project Crescent” to WOW your end users with beautiful easy to use reports. In the workshop you will learn how to build a data warehouse on the Microsoft BI Platform.  We will cover design and modeling, ETL with Integration Services, Multi-Dimensional Cubes for slicing and dicing data in Analysis Services, enriching your data with key performance indicators for dashboards, and delivering eye-popping reports with ‘project crescent’ and reporting services.

---
You are currently subscribed to [log in to unmask] as: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe send an email to [log in to unmask]
with the word UNSUBSCRIBE as the SUBJECT of the message. ---