John,

I see that an article was posted on tech.msu.edu just today:

http://tech.msu.edu/news/2012/01/msu-wireless-ssids-shortened-to-better-accommodate-mobile-devices/

My understanding is that you should see both the old and new SSIDs
everywhere, so yes, you can start configuring devices for the new
SSIDs.

Doug

--

Doug Nelson, Network Architect	 |  [log in to unmask]
Academic Technology Services	 |  Ph: (517) 353-2980