Esteemed Colleagues:

We apologize for any cross-postings.

The Geological Society of America is holding its Rocky Mountain Section Meeting in Albuquerque, New Mexico, on 9-11 May, 2012.

We are excited to announce a theme session entitled “Geoscience Education: Current Practice and Research."  A description of this session is appended below.

Please consider submitting an abstract on your present scholarship in geoscience education. Abstracts are due by 14 February 2012.

A description of this session is provided below. Additional information can be found at http://www.geosociety.org/sections/rm/2012mtg.

Please feel free to contact Steve Semken at [log in to unmask] if you have any questions about this session.

We hope to see you in Albuquerque this May.

Best regards,
Steve Semken and Matt Nyman

Geoscience Education: Current Practice and Research.
Steve Semken, Arizona State University; Matt Nyman, University of New Mexico.
This session highlights current and innovative curriculum development, teaching, assessment, K–12 science teacher preparation or professional development programs, and education research in the earth sciences. Presentations on geoscience education in formal settings (classroom, lab, field-trip, hybrid, online) and informal settings (parks, museums, media) are all welcome. We particularly encourage abstracts on teaching and learning done in and about the Rocky Mountain region and its environs.

Steven Semken
Associate Professor of Geology and Geoscience Education
and Associate Director for Undergraduate Education
School of Earth and Space Exploration

Arizona State University
PO Box 871404 / 550 E Tyler Mall
Tempe, Arizona 85287-1404 USA