Publication Opportunity

As editor of a 3-volume encyclopedia entitled “Dirty Deals: Lobbying, Political Influence and Corruption” (forthcoming from the reference publisher ABC-Clio), I am seeking an essay (5000-10,000 words) about overseas lobbying by U.S. firms. It would cover such general questions as: What types of firms, in which industries, are most aggressive in lobbying foreign governments (for business, regulatory relief, etc.)? Are they accomplishing their goals? Have recent changes in the global economy or sociocultural environment created new opportunities or threats for these firms?

I am particularly interested in incidents where companies have been accused and/or convicted of violating the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

If interested, please contact Professor Amy Handlin at [log in to unmask].