University of Victoria PhD Program in International Management & Organization
The Gill Graduate School at the Peter B. Gustavson School of Business is inviting applications for up to eight vacancies in our PhD in International Management & Organization program, commencing in September 2012.  All successful applicants are provided with a competitive funding package, and opportunities to become closely involved with business and thought leaders through our international research exchange and industry practicum options.
The Gustavson Advantage
The Gustavson School of Business is accredited both by AACSB and EQUIS, a distinction shared by fewer than one percent of the world's business schools. We are a small and collegial faculty (~40) with an intimate and internationally-focused PhD program.  We involve students in research apprenticeships from the first year of the program, with teaching training and apprenticeships beginning in year 3.  Under the close mentorship of highly productive researchers, our PhD students have the ability to customize their program of study by specializing in one of three streams; international business strategy, international organization and cross-cultural studies, or international business and sustainability.
Dynamic Research Culture
Gustavson School of Business has an active research culture, and Gustavson faculty have published in ASQ, AMJ, AMR, JIBS, SMJ, Organization Science, Organization Studies and other top journals.  Gustavson researchers have strengths in international strategy and organization, marketing and entrepreneurship, cross-cultural studies, international sustainability (including social enterprise, microfinance, cross-sector partnerships, and stakeholder engagement), international finance and trade, organizational behavior and human resources.
Vibrant West Coast Culture
Victoria, the capital of British Columbia, has a mild year-round climate, lending it the reputation as one of the most popular outdoor playgrounds in the world.  Opportunities for outdoor adventures include ocean kayaking, sailing, whale watching, hiking and skiing. Victoria also has a diverse and rich cultural scene.
For further information, please contact our PhD Program Manager, Jennifer Gill, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, or visit our website at http://www.uvic.ca/gustavson/gill/phd/index.php.  We will begin reviewing applications on January 31, 2012, but will accept applications until positions are filled.

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.