Dear Friends:
The Centers for International Business Education and Research (CIBERs) at the University of Connecticut and the San Diego State University are pleased to announce our 1st Annual Faculty Development in International Business (FDIB) Green Business: Australia to be held during May 14 - 24, 2012 in Melbourne and Sydney, Australia.
This FDIB will provide participating faculty from institutions of higher education with a greater understanding of the green business practices, economic policies, legal and political structures that have led Australia to become one of the leaders in this field.  The trip will also feature cultural events, focused on the Aboriginal people and the wildlife. The intended audience is business faculty interested in improving their knowledge of green business and sustainability or incorporating green business content into their curriculum and/or research activities. We hope you will consider this opportunity.
The registration fee of $3950 includes hotel accommodations (based on double occupancy), airfare from Melbourne to Sydney, ground transportation, breakfasts, most lunches, occasional dinners, site visits, materials, and cultural events.  Participants or their sponsors are responsible for all other expenses including RT international airfare, most dinners, incidentals, passport and visa fees.
There will also be a spouse / guest program available.  Spouses and adult guests (at least 21 years old) will lodge with their faculty sponsor and the program fee includes all transportation (including airfare from Melbourne to Sydney) and cultural programs.  The spouse / guest fee is $2950.

In addition we will have 2 optional activities.  These are the Penguin March on Phillip Island ($50/person) and the Sydney Bridge Climb at Twilight ($275 / person).
Applications for FDIB Green Business: Australia are being accepted and approved on a rolling basis until the deadline of Friday, February 3, 2012 (11:59 p.m. EST). Space is limited to approximately 35 participants.
The online application form can be found at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FDIBGreenBusiness  (or you can fill in the hard copy application in the brochure online at: http://www.business.uconn.edu/CIBER/fdib/fdib_australia_2012.pdf  ).
Please feel free to contact me at [log in to unmask]  if you have any questions.
Sincerely,
Kelly

Kelly J Aceto
Managing Director
International Business Programs
Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER)
GE Global Learning Center (GEGLC)
School of Business
University of Connecticut
2100 Hillside Rd, unit 1041C