Well, here is my 2 cents.

Personal:
iPhone 4S with AT&T
Was with Cingular before merger
Zero issues with dropped call in LansingŠ Just the coverage I need on the
road.
Excellent customer service.  Hands down the best international service
I've had.
Went with iPhone because of the durability and reliability of Apple
hardware
Wouldn't change a thing.

Work:
LG Optimus S with Sprint
Service is ok on campus.  Some issues with dropped calls on campus & on 96
between here and Detroit.
OK customer service.  In store staff is comparable to that of Radio Shack.
 "You've got questions?  So do we."
Only thing I'd change would be forking out the money to get a phone that
could actually run Android.  The Optimus S is less than sufficient, but
was $50 at the time.  (Case in point:  You get what you pay for.)

In regards to flash, if they haven't changed their mindŠ againŠ Android is
doing away with it as well.  Personally, I think Flash is a horrible
thing.  Does nothing but chew up unnecessary processor power.  (ok.  3
cents)

BlackberryŠ wellŠ yah.  Doesn't play nice with Exchange, even with the
Enterprise Server.  We ran that for a whileŠ had 4 Blackberry's in Music.
Everyone eventually said "forget" this crap and switched to iPhone.
Nothing but constant rebootingŠ only way to truly reboot it was to take
the battery out, which involved taking the phone apartŠ  every 3rd week
and every server update the BlackBerry Enterprise Server stopped pushing
email and every time it was some odd fix that made it work again.
Disaster of an experience there.  Maybe others have had better.

I agree with Loren, if you are hell bent on any kind of tethering, Sprint
has about the best I've seen.  I have a lot of friends with the Sprint
wireless cards, and they LOVE it.  Performance is excellent.

Hope you're getting some good advice.

-dak

==========================
-  dak aldrich
-  info tech
-  college of music, msu
-  517.432.5045
-  http://helpdesk.music.msu.edu

On 12/18/11 9:17 PM, "Charlot, Firmin" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hello Fellow NAGers,
>I am in need of some advise in choosing a new phone and I need your help.
>
>Currently I have an iPhone 3G which was wonderful when I first got it a
>number of years ago but now it ... Uh hmmm ... Well loosing its appeal -
>between dropped calls through AT&T and the lack of flash on the phone
>among other things, it's time for a change.  Sprint's service plans sound
>good but what would an alternative phone be?
>
>It would help me great if you could answer the following questions:
> What type of phone do you have now?
> Why did you decide to buy?
> What's your favorite feature?
>If you had to choose all over again, what phone would you go with and why?
>
>Thank you and goodnight.
>
>Firm.

This message is only for the intended recipient(s).
If you are not the named recipient you should not read,
distribute or copy this email.  Any views or opinions
expressed in this email are those of the author and do
not represent those of Michigan State University or the
College of Music.  Any information obtained from or
contained in these emails is confidential.  No
information will be shared or given to any persons
outside of the appropriate department(s).