When I first started on AT&T 2 years ago, service was horrible.  I had so many dropped calls that when I called people back, they'd say "I know, you hate AT&T."

Service for me has improved greatly, mostly in South Lansing but throughout the Lansing area.  I virtually never had a dropped call in the last 6 months.  With improved antennas on the 4Sm things can only get better.

It's been reported that with the explosive popularity of the iPhone and then the iPad, and with streaming apps on those devices, it simply overwhelmed AT&T's network.  AT&T begged Apple to provide relief by limiting multimedia speeds and Steve Jobs refused.  It did a lot of damage to AT&T's reputation.

This CNET review offers some recent comparisons. http://reviews.cnet.com/2719-3504_7-389-2.html?tag=page;page I think Consumer Reports does the only national survey but the most recent is from January:  http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/electronics-computers/phones-mobile-devices/cell-phones-services/cell-phone-service-buying-advice/cell-phone-service-cell-phone-services/cell-phone-service-cell-phone-services.htm

/rich

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 11:44 PM, Loren LaLonde <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
...  I never heard anyone complain more than the average AT&T customer except maybe T-Mobile users. I have no idea how other carriers are. But some give you a 30 day trial.  Take advantage of it to find out who gives you the best coverage.

Loren LaLonde