I did see that, but like the article says it doesn't have access to user processes like the Android implementations (debug analysis of rooted devices verified this) and you can disable it with a simple checkbox. This kind of implementation doesn't bother me from a security standpoint since hey, network statistics and phone logs are useful when you're dealing with coverage problems or device issues. The scope of how the software hooks in to the OS on the Android platform is much more concerning to me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kwiatkowski, Nicholas
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 9:19 AM
To: Graff, Dave; [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: [MSUNAG] App on Millions of Android Phones logging key Taps?

Dave,

Unfortunately, CarrierIQ software has also been found on Apple's iPhone devices as well...

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/12/apple-carrier-iq-still-on-iphone-4-but-we-dont-read-your-e-mail-and-texts.ars

It will be interesting where all this ends up.  There were four different (some overlapping) class-action lawsuits that were filed within the last week in federal court over this.

-Nick Kwiatkowski
 MSU Telecom Systems