I'd say *never* write to a floppy with a drive that can handle larger
media than the currently installed media.  Made some money once,
getting files off a 360k floppy that were written on a 1.2m drive.

Amazing that we still have data that needs to be gotten from them!
Of course, I still have some writing on Ontel floppies that I need to
get around to...

--STeve Andre'