hi folks,

I know some of you conduct research related to learning about time and temporal concepts. Please help us spread the word about this workshop.

Thanks,
Carol
Dear colleagues,

Do your students struggle to understand time and temporal concepts, such as the rates of natural processes or how different scales of time are related to each other? Would you like to explore the cognitive challenges in learning about time and share your successful strategies for addressing them with colleagues from a range of disciplines?

We will be offering a workshop on Teaching About Time at Arizona State University, in Tempe, AZ, February 26-28, 2012, to explore these issues and share experiences, challenges, and successes. We hope to attract a diverse group of faculty, from disciplines including the geosciences, biological sciences, other natural sciences, history, archeology, and cognitive sciences.

For more details, see the website:
http://serc.carleton.edu/NAGTWorkshops/time/workshop2012/index.html
or go directly to the application form:
http://serc.carleton.edu/NAGTWorkshops/time/workshop2012/application.html

We encourage you to apply to participate in this workshop and to pass this invitation along to others you know who might be interested.

Teaching About Time is part of the On the Cutting Edge program for geoscience faculty professional development, sponsored by the National Association of Geoscience Teachers and funded by the National Science Foundation. The application deadline is January 2, 2012. We hope you will consider joining us.

Sincerely,
Erica Crespi, School of Biological Sciences, Washington State University
Cathy Manduca, Science Education Resource Center, Carleton College
Carol Ormand, Science Education Resource Center, Carleton College
Steve Semken, School of Earth and Space Exploration, Arizona State University