Job announcement for tenure track position in Marketing at Dominican University of California

Title:                                     Assistant/Associate Professor of Marketing

Division:                              School of Business and Leadership

Department:                       Business

Reports to:                         Dean of School of Business and Leadership

Position Summary

Dominican University of California is seeking a dynamic individual for a new full-time, 9.5 month, tenure- track position to teach courses in Marketing. The candidate should have an earned doctoral degree (ABDs considered) and an active research agenda.   Responsibilities include teaching courses, advising students, mentoring master’s theses, and participating in service to the university

The School of Business and Leadership at Dominican University of California is where we enhance the professional and personal development of our students through highly personalized and engaged learning experiences.

We offer innovative MBA programs at the graduate level in sustainable enterprise, global management, and strategic leadership and, at the undergraduate level, in accounting, finance, international business, management, and marketing. Our small class size, teaching and mentoring philosophy, and core values of study, reflection, community and service create a distinctive experiential learning environment for our students.

 Responsibilities

·         Teach Graduate and Undergraduate courses in Marketing

·         Participate in curriculum development

·         Contribute to the department through research, publications and service

·         Some evening and Saturday classes may be required as part of the teaching load

Qualifications

·         Doctoral degree in Marketing with expertise in one or more of the following areas: International Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Sports Marketing, Social Marketing, Marketing Research or other marketing-related disciplines

·         Prior college level teaching experience is preferred

Additional Position Information

·         Priority will be given to applications submitted by January 14, 2012; however additional CVs may be considered until the position is filled

·         Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience

·         Generous benefits package, including Retirement Plan contributions upon date of hire

·         Dominican University of California is strongly committed to building a diverse community and is an equal opportunity employer

·         Must be willing to consent to a background check

·         Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job

For More Information Contact:

·         Dr.  Jayati Ghosh, Associate Dean and Chair, Faculty Search Committee
School of Business and Leadership
Dominican University of California
50 Acacia Ave.
San Rafael, CA 94901
Email: [log in to unmask]

Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university of Catholic heritage, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:11 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 15, with a small-town feeling in a park-like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.

 Application Procedures

·         Please click the link below and scroll to the bottom of the posting. Click the option, "Submit your resume/CV to this job"

·         Click upload Resume/CV button

·         For any additional uploads please click the link again, enter your password information and click the "Career Center"

·         For further questions on the application process, please contact [log in to unmask] or call 415-482-2444

·         https://dominicanuniversity.hua.hrsmartpe.com/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=156

Jayati Ghosh, Ph.D.

Professor & Associate Dean, School of Business & Leadership

Dominican University of California

50 Acacia Avenue

San Rafael, CA 94901

Email: [log in to unmask]