The International Business and Marketing Department in the College of Business Administration at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) applicants for the tenure track position of Assistant or Associate Professor.  The anticipated starting date is Fall 2012.

The Position:  The Department seeks a strong teacher scholar with expertise strongly preferred in the area of sales and sales management. Additional strengths/expertise in international business, entertainment marketing, retailing, product and brand management, or marketing channels would be a plus. The Department anticipates conducting one tenure track search this academic year as it transitions to a mature academic unit of faculty who are outstanding teachers while maintaining active and sustained research agendas.  Applicants whose work incorporates a global perspective and a commitment to diversity in higher education are particularly encouraged to apply.

Required Qualifications:

·      Ph.D. or ABD in International Business, Marketing or related field from AACSB accredited institution and/or Carnegie Research I University.  ABD applicants must have completed their dissertation defenses by August 31, 2012.

·      Evidence of, or potential for, superior teaching in the field of sales management, international business or marketing.

Preferred Qualifications:

§  Evidence of publications in peer reviewed journal.

§  Industry experience in the sales and sales management, international business or marketing.

Application Procedure

Send a letter of interest, a completed Application for Academic Employment form, resume or CV, transcripts from highest degree earned or pursued, three recommendation letters and examples of teaching evaluations to:

Dr. James E. Swartz, Ph.D.

Chair, Search and Screen Committee

Department of International Business and Marketing

College of Business Administration

3801 West Temple Avenue

Pomona, CA  91768-6978

This search will remain open until filled.  First priority will be given to letters and resumes received by January 2nd, 2012.  Electronic files are authorized and should be addressed to [log in to unmask]

The University:  Cal Poly Pomona, one of two polytechnic universities in California, is a member of the 23-campus California State University system.  Our ethnically diverse student population of approximately 20,000 enrolls in 62 baccalaureate and 19  master’s degree programs presented by 1,100 faculty.  We recruit students increasingly from throughout California and beyond.  The students are success and career focused and extremely diverse. We are proud of our status as a Hispanic Serving Institution.   We have a strong commitment to supporting scholarship, research, and student achievement.  Our scenic and historic 1,400-acre campus, once the winter ranch of cereal magnate W. K. Kellogg, is located about 30 miles east of downtown Los Angeles in one of the most dynamic economic and cultural, regions in the country, and within an hour’s drive of beaches, mountains, and desert.  The University is committed to diversifying its faculty and staff and has made educational equity one of its highest priorities. The mission of the university is to advance learning and knowledge by linking theory and practice in all disciplines, and to prepare students for lifelong learning, leadership, and careers in a changing, multicultural world.

About the Department of International Business and Marketing (IBM):

The IBM Department has almost twenty full-time faculty members and more than 1,100 majors, almost 800 of whom focus on one of nine career tracks in marketing and nearly 400 of whom specialize in some area of international business.  Almost all members of the Department hold Ph.D. degrees from AACSB accredited institutions from across the United States.  IBM is one of six departments in the CPP College of Business Administration, which serves almost 5,000 students.  The College is accredited at both the undergraduate and graduate levels by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.  A new three building state of the art complex to house the College is under construction with occupancy due within eighteen months.

California State Polytechnic University, Pomona is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the people of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.  Cal Poly Pomona subscribes to all state and federal regulations and prohibits discrimination based on gender, race, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, age, religion, or veteran status.  Cal Poly Pomona hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States.  As required by the Clery Disclosure Act, the university’s annual security report is available at http://dsa.csupomona.edu/police/securityreport.asp.