From: John Resotko [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:21 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Media conversion question

I asked WKAR/Broadcast services if they offer a service to convert older VHS recordings to DVD or digital files, and was informed that they no longer provide those services for hire. I have a few faculty members with older recordings on VHS that they can't simply buy a DVD version of, either because they are so specialized, or the company that made the original VHS is no longer in business.  Our technology department really doesn't have the resources to get into this business, so we'd rather out source these requests.

Has anyone used a commercial service to convert older VHS to DVDs? I so, who would you recommend, and what is pricing like?  Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

John A. Resotko

Assistant Director, Systems Administration and Support

Michigan State University College of Law
208 Law College Building
East Lansing, MI  48824-1300
email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: 517-432-6836