I have an odd one, and I’m not sure what to do at this point.  I’ve tried several things.  Here’s the problem.

·         A user is trying to access the Grad_Access application on the admissions web site.  In IE 8, they can get to the login page.  Once they log in, they get a “Page cannot be displayed” message.  The not so friendly error message is simply “Service Unavailable”.  It is SLOW to produce this error message.

·         When she logs in via FireFox, it works quickly without flaw.

·         When she logs in to any other computer running any other browser, she can get to the system without any issue.

What I’ve tried so far:

·         Cleared all browser history, cache, temporary files, etc.

·         Checked all security settings and added admissions.msu.edu to the trusted sites list.

·         Verified it is specific to this machine, and not tied to the user.

·         Uninstalled IE and re-installed.

Is there anything that anyone else can suggest I try?  It’s not an emergency, as she can get to the site with other browsers.  But it is boggling, and it’s going to bug me until I figure it out.  I’ve never seen a problem this specific to one site,  one browser and one computer before, without being user specific.

Thanks for any advice.  (And please… no suggestions to upgrade to IE 9.  I’d rather leave it broken at this point!)

-dak

*  Dak Aldrich

*  Info Tech

*  College of Music, MSU

*  517.432.5045

*  http://helpdesk.music.msu.edu

This message is only for the intended recipient(s).  If you are not the named recipient you should not read, distribute or copy this email.  Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and do not represent those of Michigan State University or the College of Music.  Any information obtained from or contained in these emails is confidential.  No information will be shared or given to any persons outside of the appropriate department(s).