The School of Business at the State University of New York at New Paltz invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor position in International Business, starting in fall 2012. The School of Business offers six BS and two MBA degree programs.

Duties:
The College emphasizes a balance between teaching and research. The primary responsibility is teaching, but the faculty member will be expected to establish a strong program of research and scholarship, to advise students, and to contribute to the life and work of the School of Business and the College. We value the diversity of our students, faculty, and staff and are especially interested in considering applicants with a strong
commitment to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere.

Qualifications: While the primary need is in the area of International Business, the ideal candidate also will possess teaching and research skills in, but not limited to, one of the areas of business such as finance, management, or marketing. A Ph.D. in International Business or relevant specialization is preferred; exceptional ABD candidates with a firm completion date will be considered. The ability to teach International Business-related courses at both undergraduate and graduate levels is required. We especially encourage applications from individuals who can bring diverse cultural and ethnic perspectives and experiences to the campus and who can advise and mentor all members of our diverse student body.

Contact Information: Electronic submissions are encouraged. Please submit an application letter, curriculum vitae, and full contact information for three references to:

IBSearch @newpaltz.edu or
Dr. Hadi Salavitabar
Dean, School of Business
State University of New York at New Paltz
1 Hawk Drive
New Paltz, NY 12561
U.S.A.

Please note Search #F11-24 on all materials submitted.

Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; priority given to applications received prior to January 31, 2012. Other important information about this vacancy: SUNY New Paltz is located on a
beautiful campus 75 miles north of New York City in a picturesque area at the foothills of the Catskill Mountains. The University has nearly 8,000 students, including over 900 business majors. It is a highly selective public college that is recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs.

The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.

This ad is also posted at: http://www.newpaltz.edu/hr/displayjobdetails.cfm?id=1208