Apologies for cross-posting

Kent Business School (KBS) is seeking to appoint a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Strategy, Entrepreneurship or International Business to provide teaching, research, and operational leadership to the Strategy and International Business group and make an outstanding research contribution within their discipline to the group and the School. At the Senior Lecturer level applicants need to demonstrate a clear record of publications in top quality journals and, preferably, the successful award of grant applications.

Location                                             Canterbury, UK
Contract Type                                   Open Ended
Salary Type                                       Per Annum
Salary (£)                                            30870 - 52556
Closing date for applications:          11 December 2011

The Person

It would be an advantage for the applicant to hold a PhD in the subject area and/or a relevant professional qualification. You will also have relevant experience of delivering high quality teaching. Successful completion of internationally excellent research including publication in refereed academic journals and obtaining research grants as well as having up-to-date and advanced knowledge of the subject area are all essential to this position.

The Strategy and International Business Department at KBS

The Strategy and International Business Department at KBS currently consists of Vinh Chau, Alison Dean, Maria Emmanouilidou, Fragkiskos Filippaios, Mark Hampton, Sue Hornibrook, Shenxue Li, Alex Mohr, Carmen Stoian, and Krystin Zigan. Our research interests include

 *   Internationalisation of Professional Services Firms
 *   International Strategic Alliances
 *   Non-market strategies
 *   Dynamic capabilities and performance management
 *   Management of not-for-profit organisations
 *   International Business in Central- and Eastern Europe
 *   Corporate Social Responsibility

Our research has been published in major journals, such as, Academy of Management Review, Journal of International Business Studies, Research Policy, Journal of Business Venturing, Annals of Tourism Research, British Journal of Management, Journal of Common Market Studies, Journal of World Business, Management International Review, International Business Review, Long Range Planning, etc. Much of our research results from consultancy projects (e.g. UNCTAD) and/or is carried out in cooperation with (multinational) corporations, such as, for example, Mercedes Benz, Siemens or Accenture. Our research has been funded by the British Academy, the DAIWA Anglo-Japanese Foundation, and various other funding bodies.
For further information on the group visit
http://www.kent.ac.uk/kbs/research/research-groups/strategy-intl_business/index.html

Kent Business School

Kent Business School was established in 1989, building on two decades of postgraduate management education and research at the University. Our MBA programme was established in 1991 and, in September 1992, we moved to new, purpose-built premises. In 1995 the University's programmes and staff in Accounting & Finance and in Industrial Relations & Human Resource Management were transferred to the School, followed in 1997 by programmes and staff in Management Science. The School has 1676 students on two campuses, 293 postgraduates (including 56 research students) and 1383 undergraduates, distributed across all our programmes.

A strategic decision to invest in it has seen the Business School grow in size and calibre since 2003. The appointment of new and highly motivated staff has transformed the research culture within the School, attracting interest nationally and internationally. Through the dedication and commitment of all our staff, we are steadily building on the successes of our foundational years to create a forward-looking Business School with global reach, creating stimulating research and learning environments.

The 2008 RAE results demonstrate the School's research excellence. Kent Business School moved up from 52nd place in 2001 to 21st place, as more than half of the School's research activity (55%) was classified as 'world leading/international excellent research' (3* and 4*). Overall, the Business School ranks 29th, positioning the School in the top third of the 90 UK Business and Management Schools included in the Research Assessment Exercise (RAE).

For further details, please visit: www.kent.ac.uk/kbs<http://www.kent.ac.uk/kbs>

Further Information

Closing date for applications: 11 December 2011
Interviews are expected to be held: Jan/Feb 2012 - exact date to be confirmed

For informal discussion only, please contact: Professor Alex Mohr, Head of the International Business/Strategy Group: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>; Dr Filippaios will be at this year's EIBA conference in Bucharest (December 8th-10th) and will also be available for discussion [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

For further information and to apply on-line please visit the University of Kent's website at http://www.kent.ac.uk/jobs/.

Alex Mohr
Professor in Strategy and International Business
Kent Business School
University of Kent
Canterbury
Kent CT2 7PE
United Kingdom
http://www.kent.ac.uk/kbs/research/research-groups/strategy-intl_business/index.html

Alex Mohr
Professor in Strategy and International Business
Kent Business School
University of Kent
Canterbury
Kent CT2 7PE