We have recently experienced spontaneous rebooting of the instructors computers in several of our instruction rooms. The commonalities are an RF USB dongle for response clickers, USB thumb drive, and USB dongle Bluetooth connected drawing slate. Additionally in one in room, the Bluetooth connected SmartBoard drawing styli occasionally stop working. These devices all worked correctly Spring term.

I’m wondering if anyone else is having issues, and if there exists a campus frequency scanning program, or is there an on campus frequency scanning expert who could help evaluated (or ridicule the idea of) our frequency overlap or saturation. ?

The library has a lot of wireless access points as we have a lot of wireless connections in use, particularly towards the end of terms. At any given time we have one of the larger concentrations of people carrying frequency or band hopping devices. (phones)

Suggestions - gratefully accepted.

Ridicule - reasonably graciously accepted.

Don Bosman

Information Technologist Professional

Libraries, Michigan State University

100 Library