FARM BILL 2012 IS BEING WRITTEN NOW!

We Have Only 1 Week To Increase Access to Healthy Food In America.

October 24, 2011

Today is Food Day and it's the perfect time for you to ensure access to healthy food for you, your family and your community. Congress is writing the 2012 Farm Bill proposal by November 1st.

YOUR CALL TO CONGRESS TODAY WILL ENSURE JOB CREATION, HEALTH AND RESILIENCY TOMORROW!

It's critical that we each take action to influence the primary legislative tool that ensures the viability of organic farming in America.

CALL YOUR CONGRESSIONAL DELEGATION TODAY!

Senator Debbie Stabenow can be reached at (202) 224-4822,

Senator Carl Levin can be reached at (202) 224-6221,

and go to http://www.house.gov/ to find the number for your Representative

Talk to a person, or leave a message, BUT PLEASE MAKE CONTACT!

The Points to Make Are Simple:

* I am your constituent. I want you to support the fastest growing form of agriculture in America- Organic Farming. You must increase funding for critical organic programs in the Farm Bill proposal to the Super Committee.

* Organic programs ensure job creation and economic growth.

* You must increase funding for:
          o Organic Agriculture Research and Extension Initiative.
          o Organic Data Initiative.
          o National Organic Certification Cost-Share Program.
          o National Organic Program.
          o Conservation Programs.

Please Call your Congressional Delegation TODAY!

Join the Organic Farming Action Network Today! http://ofrf.org/action/action.html

P.S. - Don't forget to share this with your friends and family!

This email was sent by: Organic Farming Research Foundation
P.O. Box 440, Santa Cruz, CA, 95060, USA

--
Melissa Hornaday, Great Lakes Organizer
Organic Farming Research Foundation

Join the Organic Farming Action Network Today! http://ofrf.org/action/action.html

If you would like to access a searchable archive of the all the previous Mich-Organic listserv postings copy this URL and paste in your browser address field http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html