FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 14, 2011

RealTimeFarms.com Launches Second Food Warrior Program to Document Our Food System

Ann Arbor, MI. RealTimeFarms.com’s Food Warriors are on a mission: to document farms and food artisans so we can know where our food comes from.

Real Time Farms recently launched 11 new Fall Food Warrior interns in Austin, Chicago, Portland, the Bay Area, Nashville, Asheville, and Chapel Hill. They follow in the wake of the inaugural 16 Summer Food Warrior interns. These young food lovers, are committed to empowering us all with the story of who grew our food and how it was grown. They will spend the next three months learning about and documenting farms and food artisans in their area.

Food Warrior Program Director, Lindsay Partridge, explains:

“In addition to being delicious, nutritious, and entirely necessary-- food is inspirational. Food Warriors aspire to inspire and be inspired. They are discovering not only how their food is produced, but also the stories behind the people producing it. They are getting a glimpse of the dedication necessary to feed a community and the intricacies involved in doing so. The Food Warriors are capturing the beauty they find at their local farmers’ markets, farms, and artisanal kitchens and working to engage others through their photos, videos, and writing.”

(Food Warrior photos by: Gina Lorubbia, Carrie Stiles, and Ava Mikolavich)

Most of us don’t have the opportunity to know our farmers personally. We either aren’t able, or don’t have the time to sit down and ask the growers of our food about how they grow or raise our food. Many of us buy our greens pre-washed in plastic bins, our chicken breasts cleanly portioned and wrapped, and our favorite beer or chocolate from the snack section of our local grocery store and leave it at that. What if we wanted to choose how to eat based on our own values? You want to support your local farmer, eat antibiotic-free, or know how that artisanal good was made. Now you can. With complete information, we can all act as agents of change, putting our dollars to work to transform the food system into something we can all be proud of.

Share what you know! Add a farm! Add a food artisan! Add a farmers market! Share Pics!

** Media contact: Cara Rosaen -– (650) 814-7796, [log in to unmask] **

--
Cara S. Rosaen
Co-Founder & Director of Vegetable Outreach, Real Time Farms

If you would like to access a searchable archive of the all the previous Mich-Organic listserv postings copy this URL and paste in your browser address field http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html