Fighting Hunger a United Effort

Gleaners Community Food Bank 2131 Beaufait Detroit, MI 48207

Monday, October 3rd, 2011

8:00am - 4:00pm

 Keynote Speaker:

U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow

Chair, Senate Agriculture Committee

 * Collaborative Cafe Exhibit

* Panel Discussion

* Call to Action

* Tours of Best Practice Sites

It's no secret. There is a food crisis in Michigan with 1 in 5 residents
having trouble affording enough food. What are the barriers to food access?
What strategies will help overcome the challenges affecting our food system?
What best practice models exist?

These are some of the questions we will address at this important summit
attended by representatives from the business, government, agriculture,
education and non-profit sectors, as we launch a collaborative effort to end
hunger in Southeast Michigan.

For more information on this event, contact:

Eric Davis, Food Initiative Director - United Way for Southeastern Michigan,
[log in to unmask] or (313) 231-1747.

If you would like to access previous postings to the Mich-Organic listserv you can copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar
 http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html