Happy to be a reference.  You should talk to Steve Semken about the position -- he'll know what's up!

Cathy

On Oct 14, 2011, at 1:13 AM, Jeff Dodick wrote:

> [...]
>>> Join us at Arizona State University’s Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College where we are dedicated to preparing the next generation of education leaders, and focusing on scholarship that positively impacts local, national and global communities and influences PreK-20 education. We welcome individuals who wish to build the future of education within one of the largest and most innovative teacher preparation programs in the nation. We serve more than 5,000 students across four ASU campuses in the Phoenix metropolitan area, at partner school districts statewide and online. The College is a recognized leader in cultivating mutually beneficial partnerships and using technology to prepare excellent teachers and school leaders who apply evidence-based knowledge that positively impacts students, families and the community.
>>>

>>> Required Qualifications:
>>>  An earned doctorate in science or math education
>>>  A record of scholarly accomplishment appropriate to stage in academic career
>>>  Demonstrated performance or potential in obtaining external funds
>>>  Ability to teach the following courses: (a) secondary science methods (general), (b) secondary physical science methods, and (c) elementary science or math methods
>>>  Strong English communication skills
>>>  A minimum of three years of successful secondary school (grades 7 – 12) science or math teaching experience in US schools or equivalent experience
>>>

>>> Desired Qualifications:
>>>  Evidence of teaching effectiveness in teacher education or professional development
>>>  Experience working with culturally and linguistically diverse learners and in adapting instruction for children with special needs
>>>  Experience integrating technology with instruction
>>>

>>> About the College and the University
>>> Teachers College offers rigorous undergraduate and graduate degree programs. Our College is dedicated to supporting our faculty members so they can provide excellent instruction to our students and pursue bold scholarship that is changing the face of education. Our award-winning faculty members are recognized for master teaching by the university, community organizations, national and international organizations.
>>> Arizona State University, a respected research institution in the Pac-12 Conference, is developing a new model of an American research university: one that measures its academic quality by the education its graduates receive; one at which researchers, while pursuing their scholarly interests, also consider the public good; and one whose faculty expands the concept of community service by accepting major responsibility for the health, economic and social development of its community.
>>>

>>> Application Deadline and Procedures
>>> Only electronic applications will be reviewed. Applicants are asked to email the following as attachments in a Word doc or PDF format:
>>> 1. A letter of application in which you-
>>> a. indicate the name of the position and rank for which you are applying, and
>>> b. describe your fit to the position relative to the qualifications listed in this advertisement.
>>> 2. A complete curriculum vitae
>>> 3. The names and contact information of three references
>>> to [log in to unmask], Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College, Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ.
>>>

>>> The application deadline is November 1, 2011; if not filled, every two weeks thereafter until search is closed. The appointment will begin August 15, 2012.
>>> Arizona State University is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. For a complete statement of ASU’s non-discrimination statement, refer to
>>> asu.edu/titleIX .
>>>
>>> Dale Baker, Professor
>>> Fellow of the American Educational Research Association
>>> Fellow of the American Association for the Advancment of Science

> Jeff Dodick
> Science Teaching Center
> The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
> Givat Ram, Jerusalem
> Israel 91904
>
> tel: 972-2-6586492

Cathryn A. Manduca
Director, Science Education Resource Center
Executive Director, National Association of Geoscience Teachers

Carleton College
1 N College Street
Northfield MN  55057
507 222 7096