The University of Saint Joseph in Macau (Special Administrative Region of China) is currently inviting applications from academics with a doctoral degree. We are seeking a visiting lecturer for the period from 27th December to 20th January 2012 at the MBA level.

The University was established in Macau by the Catholic University of Portugal and the Diocese of Macau in 1996. USJ is organized into four main schools: Arts, Letters and Sciences; Management, Leadership and Government; Intelligent Systems and Technology; Christian Studies. Macau is a multicultural city and USJ reflects this characteristic. Our students, faculty members and staff represent many nations and ethnic groups. This environment gives students a sense of studying abroad while staying at home; stimulates knowledge exchanges and life experiences and prepares them to live in a diverse, global, and connected world.

Our medium of instruction is English and by statute, all degrees are jointly awarded by University of Saint Joseph (USJ) and by the Catholic University of Portugal (UCP), a leading Portuguese university with a respectable international reputation.

Our immediate requirements are for a course in New Product Development to be taught over 40 hours from the end of December 2011.

The short description for the course is -

PRODUCT DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT

The primary focus of this module is on new product/service decisions and development processes.  The course provides a comprehensive analytical coverage of the various product decisions, critical discussion of the research needed as input to the decisions, and the contributions of management and behavioral sciences to the development process.  The module covers the following areas: the role of new products in marketing and corporate management; basic product policy concepts, product life cycle, product positioning, product portfolio, and new product development testing, management and launching.

Please direct your enquiries regarding terms and conditions to Leanda at the above email address.

Leanda Lee, PhD
Assistant Professor, School of Management, Leadership and Government
Coordinator, Career Centre
Coordinator, MBA Program
University of Saint Joseph
16/3F, Rua de Londres, NAPE
Office: 9th Floor, Centro Comercial Cheng Feng
Macao, SAR China
Macau:  +853 6658 9869