Transnational Corporations Review (TNCR) 3(3), Special Issue on CSR

Transnational Corporations Review (TNCR)

Volume 3 Number 3 September 2011

Guest Editor

Full Issue

In This Issue

Introduction

On the Perspectives of the Implementation of ‘Corporate Social Responsibility'

1

Mia Mahmudur Rahim

DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1122

AbstractFull Paper

CSR Country Review

Corporate Social Responsibility and Large Shareholders: An Analysis of European Multinational Enterprises

17

Félix J. López-Iturriaga and Óscar López-de-Foronda

DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1123

AbstractFull Paper

Disclosure of Corporate Social Responsibility and Value Creation: Evidence from China

34

Chin-Chen Yeh, Lopin Kuo, and Hui-Cheng Yu

DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1124

AbstractFull Paper

Developing a Corporate Social Responsibility Index in the Philippines: An Assessment

51

Magdalena L. Mendoza

DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1125

AbstractFull Paper

Corporate Managers’ Motivation and CSR Performance: A Case of the Banking Sector of Bangladesh

61

Shafiqur Rahman and Jesmin Pervin

DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1126

AbstractFull Paper

CSR Thematic Analysis

Transnational Corporations and Human Rights: Strengthening Current Tools to Promote Accountability

73

Iman Prihandono

DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1127

AbstractFull Paper

CSR as a Means of Law: Regulation of Business Conduct to Take Account on Social Responsibility

84

Prapanpong Khumon

DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1128

AbstractFull Paper

Business and Sustainable Development: The Role of Corporate Social Responsibility as a Catalyst

96

Nakib M. Nasrullah

DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1129

AbstractFull Paper

Special Studies

Growth in Exports of Services of India Exogenous Human Capital, Labour Market Infirmities and Complementing Foreign Capital

106

D. Tripati Rao and Krishna Mahale

DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1130

AbstractFull Paper

India’s Emergence as an Economic Giant: Opportunities to Canada

124

Someshwar Rao

DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1131

AbstractFull Paper

Book Review

The Future of Economic Growth in a Multispeed World

135

Transnational Corporations Review (TNCR) since its birth has positioned itself to be a direct bridge between knowledge creators (scholars) and knowledge seekers (practitioners) in the areas of international business and global strategy. It differs from most refereed journals of the kind, which either creating novel knowledge that no practitioners ever read or targeting practitioners by translating existing, old knowledge. It is one of the very few refereed journals in the world that are actually read by a wide range of highly educated practitioners and real-world decision makers. In addition, it is one of the very few journals in the West that have a deep and broad root in emerging markets like China. As a young journal, we encourage free thinking, innovative ideas, and creative theory building by not imposing a strictly formularized rule, but we do emphasize our four general rules for paper selection:

• We encourage ideas that are novel: i.e., ideas that are more than testing existing theories and replicating prior efforts, but conceptually (not only empirically) distinguished and advanced from the existing literature.
• We encourage ideas that are not specific to a particular country: i.e., researches that are more than simply following the contemporary popularity of a certain rising power, but trying to explore transnational applicability.
• We encourage ideas that are not specific to a particular short-time period: i.e., researches that are genetically (cross-generationally) transferable, and dynamically explaining a repeating situation or activity.
• We encourage ideas that are applicable into the real world: i.e., researches that are more than metaphysical arguments, but generate relevant implications for decision making practice.

More information about TNCR: http://www.tnc-online.net/page/board/index.php.

------
Victor Z. Chen (Ph.D. Candidate in Business Administration, CFA Level III Candidate)
Division of Strategy & Division of International Business

Beedie School of Business
Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Tel: 1 (778) 318-1983
Email: [log in to unmask]

Personal Website: www.VictorZChen.com
>>>SFU Business School is ranked the world's top 20 research school (tier one) in the management field according to UTDallas Top 100 Businsess School Research Ranking.

Co-Founder and Associate Editor, Transnational Corporations Review