      Transnational Corporations Review (TNCR) 3(3), Special Issue on CSR

      Transnational Corporations Review (TNCR)

      Volume 3 Number 3 September 2011

        Guest Editor
        Judge Mia Mahmudur Rahim, Macquarie Law School, Australia
      Full Issue

      In This Issue ▶

      Introduction

      On the Perspectives of the Implementation of ‘Corporate Social Responsibility'
     1

      Mia Mahmudur Rahim
     DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1122
     Abstract – Full Paper

      CSR Country Review

      Corporate Social Responsibility and Large Shareholders: An Analysis of European Multinational Enterprises
     17

      Félix J. López-Iturriaga and Óscar López-de-Foronda
     DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1123
     Abstract – Full Paper

      Disclosure of Corporate Social Responsibility and Value Creation: Evidence from China
     34

      Chin-Chen Yeh, Lopin Kuo, and Hui-Cheng Yu
     DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1124
     Abstract – Full Paper

      Developing a Corporate Social Responsibility Index in the Philippines: An Assessment
     51

      Magdalena L. Mendoza
     DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1125
     Abstract – Full Paper

      Corporate Managers’ Motivation and CSR Performance: A Case of the Banking Sector of Bangladesh
     61

      Shafiqur Rahman and Jesmin Pervin
     DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1126
     Abstract – Full Paper

      CSR Thematic Analysis

      Transnational Corporations and Human Rights: Strengthening Current Tools to Promote Accountability
     73

      Iman Prihandono
     DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1127
     Abstract – Full Paper

      CSR as a Means of Law: Regulation of Business Conduct to Take Account on Social Responsibility
     84

      Prapanpong Khumon
     DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1128
     Abstract – Full Paper

      Business and Sustainable Development: The Role of Corporate Social Responsibility as a Catalyst
     96

      Nakib M. Nasrullah
     DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1129
     Abstract – Full Paper

      Special Studies

      Growth in Exports of Services of India Exogenous Human Capital, Labour Market Infirmities and Complementing Foreign Capital
     106

      D. Tripati Rao and Krishna Mahale
     DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1130
     Abstract – Full Paper

      India’s Emergence as an Economic Giant: Opportunities to Canada
     124

      Someshwar Rao
     DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1131
     Abstract – Full Paper

      Book Review

      The Future of Economic Growth in a Multispeed World ▶
     135

Transnational Corporations Review (TNCR) since its birth has positioned itself to be a direct bridge between knowledge creators (scholars) and knowledge seekers (practitioners) in the areas of international business and global strategy. It differs from most refereed journals of the kind, which either creating novel knowledge that no practitioners ever read or targeting practitioners by translating existing, old knowledge. It is one of the very few refereed journals in the world that are actually read by a wide range of highly educated practitioners and real-world decision makers. In addition, it is one of the very few journals in the West that have a deep and broad root in emerging markets like China. As a young journal, we encourage free thinking, innovative ideas, and creative theory building by not imposing a strictly formularized rule, but we do emphasize our four general rules for paper selection:

• We encourage ideas that are novel: i.e., ideas that are more than testing existing theories and replicating prior efforts, but conceptually (not only empirically) distinguished and advanced from the existing literature.
• We encourage ideas that are not specific to a particular country: i.e., researches that are more than simply following the contemporary popularity of a certain rising power, but trying to explore transnational applicability.
• We encourage ideas that are not specific to a particular short-time period: i.e., researches that are genetically (cross-generationally) transferable, and dynamically explaining a repeating situation or activity.
• We encourage ideas that are applicable into the real world: i.e., researches that are more than metaphysical arguments, but generate relevant implications for decision making practice.

More information about TNCR: http://www.tnc-online.net/page/board/index.php.

------
Victor Z. Chen (Ph.D. Candidate in Business Administration, CFA Level III Candidate)
Division of Strategy & Division of International Business

Beedie School of Business
Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Tel: 1 (778) 318-1983
Email: [log in to unmask]
Personal Website: www.VictorZChen.com
>>>SFU Business School is ranked the world's top 20 research school (tier one) in the management field according to UTDallas Top 100 Businsess School Research Ranking.

Co-Founder and Associate Editor, Transnational Corporations Review
>>>An ambitious young refereed journal that real-world decision makers actually read.

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.