Dear Colleagues,

We had a rather robust response to the launch of the John H. Dunning Fellwship programme.  We  received 21 applications for the program for this year, from a variety of applicants across the world.  The objective of the fellowship is to give the fellow(s) an opportunity to develop papers for publication by building on and generating new and innovative cross-disciplinary conceptually driven empirical research in collaboration with Dunning Centre staff.

Proposals were screened to focus on researchers who might most benefit from such an opportunity, in that their work already demonstrates interests in exploring more conceptual research; that such research is in parallel (or overlapping) areas of interest to the Dunning Centre; that they are able to physically spend time at the Dunning Centre and interact with our students; and a demonstrated capacity to publish.

Given the strong field of candidates, we are delighted to announce that we have  appointed two fellows for the academic year 2011-12:

1.  Niron Hashai
Current Position: Senior Lecturer in International Business
Affiliation:  School of Business Administration, The Hebrew University,  Jerusalem

2.  Christian Geisler Asmussen
Current Position: Assistant Professor of Strategy and International Business
Affiliation: Center for Strategic Management and Globalization, Copenhagen Business School

Both Dunning Fellows will visit the John H. Dunning Center twice during the academic year.

We will be announcing the application process for the Dunning Fellowship programme for the academic year 2012-13 in January 2012.

Rajneesh Narula
Professor of International Business Regulation
Director, John H. Dunning Centre for International Business
Henley Business School
University of Reading, UK

http://www.henley.reading.ac.uk/dunning

http://narula.unu-merit.nl/

[log in to unmask]" height="1" width="1">