SMS FIU Conference Extension: Embracing International Business? A Dialogue with Strategy

We invite you to attend an exciting extension to the Strategic Management Society's annual conference in Miami titled "Embracing International Business? A Dialog with Strategy" on November 4 at Florida International University in Miami. This pre-conference event is focused on bridging the gap between the strategy and international business fields, and promises to be a day of lively discussion and dialog amongst these highly interrelated research areas. We have a long list of fantastic panelists, including:
Our panels are about evenly split between faculty from strategy and IB and each has one or more individuals who have managed to publish successfully in both fields. The structure of the day includes three panels in addition to paper presentations of leading research in the field. If you have a paper you would like to present in the paper sessions, please let us know ASAP. While these sessions are generally full at this time, we will try to accomodate additional papers if possible.

To participate, you will need to register for the extension through the SMS website which you can access through the link below.  Please do so as soon as possible so that we can count you in our preparations.  Our Dean has kindly sponsored a bus from the Loews hotel in Miami Beach to FIU and back so you will not need to worry about transportation.

http://miami.strategicmanagement.net/extensions.php

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Aya Chacar ([log in to unmask]), Sumit Kundu ([log in to unmask]) or Bill Newburry ([log in to unmask]), or send a message to: [log in to unmask]. We look forward to having you here in Miami!

Best regards,

Aya, Bill, and Sumit

William Newburry
Associate Professor
SunTrust Bank Professor
Florida International University
Dept. of Management & International Business, RB 341B
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Phone: (305)348-1103