Special issue of Revista Suma de Negocios [Sum of Business Review]: Internationalization of the emerging market firms
Special Issue Editor: Nir Kshetri, Bryan School of Business and Economics, University of North Carolina -Greensboro.
Deadline: September 30th 2011
Tentative publication date: December 2011
Revista Suma de Negocios[Sum of Business Review] http://openjournal.konradlorenz.edu.co/index.php/SumaDeNegocios is an academic Journal published by the School of Business of Konrad Lorenz Universityhttp://www.konradlorenz.edu.co/ in Bogotá, Colombia. The aim of the journal is to publish academic research pertinent to International Business with a strong developmental focus.
For this special issue we welcome conceptual as well as empirical papers that shed light into internationalization of firms from emerging markets. We especially encourage multi-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary articles.
Topics for the special issue include but are not limited to:
· The role of different contextual elements in the internationalization of emerging market-based firms such as government regulations, institutions, public policies, trade associations and industry bodies.
· Characteristics of successful internationalization processes of emerging market firms in the light of traditional internationalization theories that either confirm or challenge the assumptions of such theories.
· Issues of management and leadership in internationalizing private and publicly traded emerging market firms.
· International marketing and branding initiatives to overcome the negative Country of Origin [COO] image.
· Capitals repatriation and the role of diaspora networks in successful emerging market startups and internationalization.
· Strategies of foreign firms operating in emerging markets when competing against local firms.
· Financial strategies implemented by internationalizing firms from emerging markets.
· Human Resource Management [HRM] strategies implemented by internationalizing firms from emerging markets.
· South-South [intra-developing world] trades and investments.
· The roles of technologies in the internationalization of emerging market-based firms.
· Born-global firms from emerging economies.
· Internationalization of state-owned enterprises based in emerging economies.
Submission process/guidelines and information
The submission process will be handled through the Revista Suma de Negocios Open Journal System site: http://openjournal.konradlorenz.edu.co/index.php/SumaDeNegocios and author guidelines are the same as in the Journal of International Business [JIBS]http://www.palgrave-journals.com/jibs/author_instructions.html thanks to their kind permission. Should you have any questions, please contact Nir Kshetri at [log in to unmask] .