To: Oscar Castaneda <[log in to unmask]>

Yes, absolutely, China has blocked access to MSU content.  When I worked at
MSU and was involved with MSU Web content, my superiors didn't want us to
talk about it, but China does block MSU Web content from time to time,
really in a random, crude way based on what their censors observe.  Their
blocking is crude, so they may block all of msu.edu, or a huge subdomain.
 The only answer I heard years ago was to wait for them to remove the
blockages.  So far as I know, eventually, they did.  As I recall, MSU had a
new program for online studies from China to EL, as I recall in Nursing, and
we didn't want to upset China by complaining that they were blocking access
to www.msu.edu.  Not MSU's shining moment for free speech.

MSU has thousands of Chinese students on campus, and some number of online
students from China.  MSU also has students and scholars in mainland China.
 So MSU has to dance carefully as to answering your question.

I'll look for what we found several years ago about China blocking MSU Web
content.

/rich