AIS is investigating. Please contact me directly with details, rather
than using the public forum, and I will pass the info on to the MSU PCI
DSS Team.

Thanks, Gene

on 8/16/2011 9:28 AM Thomas A Gish said the following:
> On top of that, trying to connect to https://shop.msu.edu fails so it
> doesn't even appear to be an option.
>
> -T
>
> Quoting "Rytlewski, Jamie" <[log in to unmask]>:
>
>> So while I was looking at how shop.msu.edu does their forms I found
>> few very interesting details.
>>

>> 1)      There is no forced security when checking out
>>
>> 2)      You can see all your data, including Credit Card
> information
>> (of course I did not submit my actual information).
>>

>> This is a very huge security risk and with how much the University
>> has cracked down on other departments for being PCI compliant, how
> is
>> that shop.msu.edu is getting away with it being so insecure? Also,
> if
>> the university wants us to use CASHnet so much, why is shop.msu.edu
>> not using it?
>>
>> Jamie R. Rytlewski
>> Information Technologist I
>> Michigan State University
>> 517-884-1671

Gene Willacker
RHS Information Services Security Administrator
Michigan State University
100 University Housing Building
East Lansing, MI 48824-1231
/517-353-1694, FAX: 517-884-0248/