The National Science Foundation (NSF) is seeking candidates for multiple, permanent Program Director positions in the Division of Research on Learning (DRL) in the Directorate for Education and Human Resources (EHR).  The central duties of the positions include: organizing and overseeing proposal review panels; evaluating, negotiating, and funding research proposals; managing awarded projects; and drafting solicitations.

Applicants must have a Ph.D. or equivalent experience and six or more years of successful research experience relevant to the position, such as education or learning research in any science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) field, evaluation, statistics, measurement, or any of the behavioral, cognitive, or social science bases of STEM learning. Ideal candidates bring strong methodological or measurement expertise in combination with knowledge of teaching or learning in STEM. The salary range is $105,211-$163,957 per year.

For more information regarding the Directorate for Education and Human Resources and its programs, please visit
http://www.nsf.gov/dir/index.jsp?org=EHR .

The search closes on September 2, 2011.  Please see the link below for additional information.

http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?OPMControl=2345323&org=NSF

I will add that the Division does not often advertise permanent positions.  We usually have opportunities that allow one to rotate into a position for 1 or 2 years but retain a university affiliation (such as Sharon Lynch at GWU and Hannah Sevian at UMass Boston), or we have term-limited temporary appointments (such as myself).  So, this is a unique opportunity!  I encourage all well-qualified candidates to consider applying for the position.

Best regards,

Gavin

Gavin W. Fulmer, Ph.D.
Associate Program Director
Division of Research on Learning
National Science Foundation
4201 Wilson Blvd, Suite 885
Arlington, VA 22230
703-292-7998

---

You are currently subscribed to narst as: [log in to unmask].

or send a blank email to [log in to unmask]

Julie Libarkin
Associate Professor, Director - Geocognition Research Lab
Michigan State University
206 Natural Science
East Lansing, MI 48824

Phone: 517-355-8369
Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Geoscience Education

Affiliations: Department of Geological Sciences, Division of Science and Mathematics Education, Cognitive Science Program, Center for Research on College Science Teaching and Learning