TRANSNATIONAL CORPORATIONS REVIEW

A Special Issue Presenting Foreign Direct Investment and Development in India

Guest Editor: Dr. Jaya Prakash Pradhan

Volume 3 Number 2 June 2011

Full Issue

In This Issue

FDI in India

Non-equity Operation of Multinational Enterprises in India: Focus on Outsourcing

1

Jaya Prakash Pradhan

DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1110

AbstractFull Paper

Location of FDI in India: Some Less-Explored Aspects

K.S. Chalapati Rao and M.R. Murthy

DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1111

AbstractFull Paper

Korean FDI in India: Perspectives on POSCO-India Project

Jongsoo Park

DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1112

AbstractFull Paper

FDI from India

India’s Agriculture and Food Multinationals: a First Look

Premila Nazareth Satyanand

DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1113

AbstractFull Paper

Technology Sourcing and Outward FDI: Comparison of Chemicals and Information Technology Industries in India

Savita Bhat and K. Narayanan

DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1114

AbstractFull Paper

Outward FDI from India in the United States

Vinod K. Jain

DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1115

Abstract Full Paper

Economic Liberalisation and Financing Pattern of Indian Acquiring Firms Abroad

P.L. Beena

DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1116

Abstract Full Paper

Issues in FDI and Internationalization

Foreign Equity and Technological Capabilities: a Comparison of Joint-Venture and National Automotive Suppliers

Rajah Rasiah

DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1117

AbstractFull Paper

Change of Subsidiary Mandates in Emerging Markets: the Case of Danish MNCs in India

Michael W. Hansen, Bent Petersen and Peter Wad

DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1118

AbstractFull Paper

Internationalization of India’s Information Technology Sector and its Implications on Market Structure

Vinoj Abraham

DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1119

AbstractFull Paper

The Role of Networks in the Accelerated Internationalization of Indian Firms

Sumati Varma

DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1120

Abstract Full Paper

Analysis of Cross-Border and Domestic M&A Deals in Technology Sector in India and China

Arindam Das and Sheeba Kapil

DOI:10.5148/tncr.2011.1121

AbstractFull Paper

Book Review

How Human Psychology Drives the Economy and Why It Matters for Global Capitalism

Transnational Corporations Review (TNCR) since its birth has positioned itself to be a direct bridge between knowledge creators (scholars) and knowledge seekers (practitioners) in the areas of international business and global strategy. It differs from most refereed journals of the kind, which either creating novel knowledge that no practitioners ever read or targeting practitioners by translating existing, old knowledge. In other words, papers that are otherwise qualified for some traditional top journals might not be considered for publication at TNCR. It is one of the very few refereed journals in the world that are actually read by a wide range of highly educated practitioners and real-world decision makers. In particular, it is one of the very few journals in the West that have a deep and broad root in emerging markets like China.

As a young journal, we encourage free thinking and innovative ideas by not imposing a strictly formularized acceptance rule, but we do emphasize our four general rules for rejection:

·         We reject ideas that are not novel (i.e., not conceptually distinguished from the existing literature);

·         We reject ideas that are specific to a particular country (i.e., not transnationally applicable);

·         We reject ideas that are specific to a short time period (i.e., not genetically transferable or not dynamically explaining repeating activities);

·         We reject ideas that are inapplicable into the real world (i.e., implications for practice are very limited).

TNCR is dedicated to providing economic, policy, and business analysis of current issues related to transnational corporations, foreign direct investment, institutional innovation, and international development. It is regularly indexed in ALJC, AMICUS, CrossRef, EBSCO, EconLit, Scopus, and SSCI/SCI (under review). For more details, please visit the journal website at http://www.tnc-online.net/page/board/index.php.

------
Victor Z. Chen (
Ph.D. Candidate in Business Administration, CFA Level III Candidate
)
Business Policy and Strategy, International Business
Simon Fraser University
Tel: 778.318.1983
Email: [log in to unmask]

Personal Website: www.VictorZChen.com
>>>SFU Business School is ranked the world's top 19 research school (tier one) according to UTDallas 3-year publication track in AMR/AMJ/SMJ/JIBS/ASQ/OS.

Co-Founder and Associate Editor, Transnational Corporations Review