Dear colleagues with an interest in Hispanics in/and business (with
apologies for cross-postings),

This link points to the Cover, Table of Contents (TOC) and Call for Papers
(CFP) <http://connect.aomonline.org/posts/b3c997a158> (on AoM Connect) for
volume 5, issue 1 of the *Business Journal of Hispanic Research*.  Close to
four thousand hard copies are being sent to NSHMBA's (the National Society
of Hispanic MBAs, our sponsor) wide network of corporate and Diversity and
Inclusion officers, Executive members, University Partners, all AACSB
International accredited schools of business around the world, in addition
to NSHMBA's 33 chapters around the USA.  Also available through *EBSCO*, the
*Journal* is listed in *Cabell’s Directories of Publishing Opportunities*;
its *ISSN* numbers are 1945-113x (print) and 1945-1148 (online).

In this issue, you will find a case study by D'Antonio, Donaldson and
Simmons that might be particularly interesting to those of us who teach
International HR or related courses; the title is "Affirmative Reaction" and
it deals with compliance with immigration and employment law.  Our Executive
and Academic articles deal with matters related to Business Education, both
domestic and international, in addition to empirical papers that might be
informative for your own research, book reviews and executive summaries.

Please consider submitting a paper for our practitioner and academic
audiences.  I believe that our journal's distribution among practitioner
networks is not easy to match, and quite likely to have an impact beyond
traditional research-oriented audiences.

Lastly, If you happen to be in San Antonio, TX (a most Hispanic city in the
US!!) for the Academy of Management meeting, I also want to take advantage
of this note to encourage your attendance on Monday, August 15 at the Grand
Hyatt, Lone Star C, from 4:45-6:15PM to the symposium titled *Advancing
Theory and Research on Hispanic Work
Issues<http://program.aomonline.org/2011/submission.asp?mode=ShowSession&SessionID=347>
*.  We have a star-studded group of presenters (and I'll be privileged to
facilitate the session; full description in the AoM program website).  (I am
hoping to be able to distribute a few hard copies of the journal issue after
the session takes place.)

With my best wishes,

-- ****

Miguel
_____________________________
Editor-in-Chief, *The Business Journal of Hispanic
Research*<http://www.nshmba.org/bjhr>
****

Series Editor, Emerald's *Advanced Series in
Management*<http://www.emeraldinsight.com/products/books/series.htm?id=1877-6361>
Miguel R. Olivas-Lujan, Ph.D.
Professor, Administrative Science
Clarion U of Pennsylvania