Well, this is interesting. Mine doesn't appear to have an alarm, and these blog posts seem to indicate the same thing:
http://msmvps.com/blogs/onq/archive/2007/03/17/it-doesn-t-what.aspx

http://msmvps.com/blogs/onq/archive/2007/03/30/on-dell-s-perc-5-i.aspx

Al

From: Tom Rockwell [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2011 3:24 PM
To: Al Puzzuoli
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Replacement RAID card with Audible Alarm for Poweredge 2950?

It should have an audible alert http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/svradmin/5.1/en/omss_ug/html/apndx.html#1635831

That said, email alerts from OMSA have a longer range than the builtin alarm.

I'm not exactly sure of the compatibility of different controllers to replace the PERC 5/i, though I think that PERC 5/i, PERC 6/i, SAS 5/i and SAS 6/i all can go in the internal slot in a 2950 and provide varying features.

-Tom